The longest zip line in Europe and the fastest in the world
The fastest zip line in the world and longest in Europe. Travel through historic Penrhyn Quarry before flying over the stunning quarry lake twice, first on the little zipper then experiencing Velocity on the big zipper, reaching speeds of up to 125mph. Spectators can relax in the Adventure Terminal or watch zippers soar above the viewing platform, so close you can almost touch them.
The Fastest Zip Line in the World just got Faster
Introducing Velocity 2, new in 2018!
What is Velocity 2?
The nearest thing to flying.
Zip World Velocity 2 at Zip World Penrhyn Quarry, Bethesda, is the fastest zip line in the world and the longest in Europe. This adventure takes you on the Little Zipper to build your confidence before you journey up the quarry on our famous red trucks. Take in the stunning views from the Big Top of Velocity 2, out towards Anglesey with views of the Isle of Man on a clear day. You will then descend down the Big Zipper over the quarry lake often reaching speeds up to 125mph.
Our new Adventure Terminal is now open, where our new check in and kit up areas are located, featuring spectacular views over the quarry lake. Your loved ones can grab a coffee or something to eat at our new Blondin Restaurant and watch you fly over head, or you could grab something to eat before or after your adventure.
What's new with Velocity 2
- It's now 4 lines instead of 2! So you can zip with more of your friends/family
- It's faster! The top speed is now up to 125mph due to the top of the zip line being moved higher and the bottom being moved lower. We've also redesigned the 'landing' system which means you come in faster!
- New 'Skyline' building at the top. This new building means you can watch the others get hooked on the zip line in a nice, warm and dry building, with spectacular views to be seen.
- The Little Zipper has moved. It now also goes across the lake, with the big zipper crossing over on top! It starts next to the Adventure Terminal, making the experience more enjoyable.
- More accessible way of getting on and off the adventure! We've had a bespoke system developed which has made the process of being attached to the zip line much more accessible and easy. You lay on our specially made 'air beds' as your harness gets attached, the bed 'falls away' leaving you suspended. After you fly across the quarry, the line lowers you to the ground gently.
- New 'Stealth' Trollies. The trolley is what you're attached to that flies you across the quarry. These new trollies are quieter which is more environmentally friendly.
- We've redesigned our trucks.
- New kit up and dekit. Okay this bit isn't technically new to Velocity 2 - it was built with the Adventure Terminal in September, but it was all in preparation for making the Velocity 2 experience even more extraordinary.
PricesFrom £75 per person
Duration2 hours; please arrive at least 30 minutes before your scheduled booking time.
Although we aim to allow riders to reach whatever speeds gravity, air resistance and climatic conditions will allow, we are, in the interests of safety, obliged to limit arrival (landing) speeds. To this end, certain weather conditions necessitate the use of equipment designed to moderate the speed of some riders and although this will also limit their ultimate speed the objective is to moderate landing speeds only. In very strong “following” winds (i.e. in line with the zip lines) this may involve the deployment of mini parachutes but more usually devices we call “sliders” which consists of small triangular strips of fabric. All equipment is fitted and activated by Zip World staff.
Conversely, certain conditions (e.g. a strong head wind or very light riders) require us to add weight to riders. The adding of equipment to control or increase speed is done purely to ensure the safest and most enjoyable zip lining experience possible.
For safety reasons we may introduce amendments to weight restrictions or even adventure postponement. When this is necessary it will be shown on the Ride Status page of our website. In such instances you can reschedule your booking within the next 12 months, swap to another Zip World adventure of the same price (subject to availability) or be issued with a refund. Full information on our postponement policy can be found in our T&Cs.
Children under the age of 18 years will not be permitted to use any activity unless accompanied by a participating adult.