Zip World Penrhyn Quarry
Penrhyn Slate Quarry, located near Bethesda in North Wales, is home to Zip World Velocity 2, the fastest zip line in the world and the longest in Europe. Enjoy the view of zippers flying by from the Blondin Restaurant, experience the Penrhyn Quarry Tour on one of our famous red trucks, or take on Velocity 2 itself!
Penrhyn Quarry history
At the end of the nineteenth century it was the world's largest slate quarry; the main pit is nearly 1.6 km long and 370 metres deep, and it was worked by nearly 3,000 quarrymen. It has since been superseded in size by slate quarries in China, Spain and the USA. Penrhyn is still Britain's largest slate quarry but its workforce is now nearer 200.
Filming at Penrhyn Quarry
Please note that drone usage is restricted at this site. You need full licences and express permission to fly a drone so please contact email@example.com for further information.
Adventures at Zip World Penrhyn Quarry
- Free car parking
- Restaurant, cafe and bar facilities available at the Blondin Restaurant
- Viewing platform at the Adventure Terminal
- Viewing area with picnic benches
- Photographs (additional cost applies)
- Lockers (additional cost)
Zip World Adventure Terminal
All under one roof at the Adventure Terminal;
- Check in and kit up for Velocity 2
- Sit down, relax and refuel at the Blondin Restaurant with spectacular views over the quarry lake and watch Velocity 2 zippers fly by
- The Gallery private hire space
- Viewing platform